I have moved my blog to a new address. Please update your bookmarks to:
http://jlp.holodeck1.com/blog/

2004-09-26

 

I've ordered GeForce 6800

ATI Radeon 8500 in my sister's computer started to freak out. It crashes for no reason in games and sometimes it even freezes while working with 2D apps. So I decided to move my current ATI Radeon 9600 XT to her computer and buy myself some new graphics card. I decided to go with Leadtek WinFast A400 TDH (nVidia Geforce 6800). It has great value for the money and one of the main reasons I choose it over any ATI card is that nVidia has very solid 64-bit Linux drivers for AMD64, while ATI has no 64-bit drivers at all.

And what to say about the card that is about to retire? Well, it served me very well and for a very long time. I bought it in Italy where it was a loooot cheaper then here in Slovenia. At that time it impressed me with speed and image quality and features like TrueForm. Rest In Peace!


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?