I have moved my blog to a new address. Please update your bookmarks to:
http://jlp.holodeck1.com/blog/

2004-11-14

 

Gmail enabling POP access

I have just found out that the free e-mail service Gmail will enable POP access to your account. This will make it possible to read all the e-mail using your favorite e-mail client (I highly recommend Thunderbird). Some people can already enable this feature. If you are one of the lucky ones, you can just open Gmail settings and enable it on "Forwarding and POP tab". Then just follow these instructions to set up your e-mail client (instructions for Thunderbird are here). I can't wait until I will be able to turn on this feature. It would be even nicer if they also added support for IMAP access.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?