I have moved my blog to a new address. Please update your bookmarks to:
http://jlp.holodeck1.com/blog/

2005-01-08

 

Adobe Reader 7 for Linux - Beta

Just a few days after release of version 7.0 of Adobe Reader for Windows Adobe has also started a beta test program for Linux version of the application. A lot of people needed a new Linux version of this PDF reader for quite some time, version 5.0 is very old. Adobe decided to use GTK2 toolkit (I wished it would be QT since I use KDE). Rendering speed is reportedly quite a bit faster then in KPDF (which I use now). On bad thing I have read about it is that it is 110 MiB in size (no debug data and not statically linked)!!! Sounds like a huge bloat to me. It looks like I'll just be waiting for the next version of KPDF, with some cool new features, that just got merged into KDE CVS.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?