I have moved my blog to a new address. Please update your bookmarks to:
http://jlp.holodeck1.com/blog/

2005-01-26

 

KDE 3.4 from CVS finally compiling

KDE logoI haven't slept much today. Over night I was preparing my sister's computer with MandrakeLinux 10.1 to compile KDE 3.4 from CVS sources. I had to do quite a lot of hunting and installing of all the required devel packages, which are not installed by default as they are on Gentoo Linux. But I managed to get all set up and Qt and arts are already installed.

You may wonder why I am not compiling KDE on my faster AMD Athlon 64 machine with Gentoo Linux installed. Well it looks like there is some bug in Gentoo's GCC which is preventing compilation of arts. So until this bug is fixed I'll have to do the bug hunting and translation on my sister's computer.


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?